|Dimensions||17.78 × 10.16 cm|
BLACK POTTERY – STONEWARE COOKING RICE POT MEDIUM- FREE DELIVERY ALL OVER INDIA.
BLACK POTTERY – STONEWARE COOKING RICE POT MEDIUM – FREE DELIVERY ALL OVER INDIA
Height : 4″ , Diameter : 7″
Longpi Pottery or Stone pottery is a traditional craft from Manipur, India.
Longpi is well-known for its age-old stone pottery art – Longpi Hamlei. The Longpi do not use the potter’s wheel. All shaping is done with the hand and with the help of moulds. The potter then actually moves around the clay, shaping and forming the pot
The final products have a distinctly earthy, yet contemporary appearance. Beautifully Handmade Kitchenware.
Advantages of using Black pottery for cooking
Specially designed for specific purposes, Longpi Pottery can be used both for cooking and storing foodstuff
– No adverse health effects – There is no use of chemicals, machines or wheel in the making of this pottery. It is known to prevent morning sickness for pregnant women.
– 100 % Natural – made from clay, stone and cane, locally available and natural raw materials are used
– 100% Handmade – this generates revenue for the locals in Manipur
– Fire-resistant pottery due to the use of Serpentine rock.
– Multipurpose – can be used on a open flame, in the microwave and is also dishwasher safe.
Back to traditions – Ecohindu.com